BIODEK® IFAS-SYSTEM (INTEGRATED FIXED FILM ACTIVATED SLUDGE) SOLUTION TO UPGRADE AND EXTEND ACTIVATED SLUDGE PLANTS
BIOdek IFAS (Integrated Fixed Film Activated Sludge) offers a possible performance increase of up to 40 % without new aeration tanks. BIOdek® IFAS adds high surface media to an activated sludge basin. On this media additional biomass will grow and increase the operative sludge age: A higher performance will be achieved.
BIODEK® IFAS: HIGH PERFORMANCE RESULTS IN HIGH BIOMASS GROWTH!
The main component of IFAS plug and play modules is the BIOdek® vertical channel media, which releases excess sludge into the water column with minimal clogging risk. At the same time those vertical channels ensure optimum water circulation. Aerators are chosen for requested nitrogen and carbon removal requirements and are mounted below the media in the installation cage.
- Increase of sludge-age and active biomass without extra tanks
- Increased system robustness as fixed film is not affected by bulky or pinpoint sludge
- Better sludge settling characteristics
- Plug and play modular design for step by step upgrades
- High surface area for biofilm growth
- KVP/KVC media types can be installed with continuous vertical channels